Heart disease: the #1 killer of both men and women in the United States.
Are you ready to be a key player within a highly functional and focused team that delivers quality solutions with high value for our customers? The Information Services Branch of the Office of Intramural Management (OIM), NHLBI is looking for a dynamic team member to work seamlessly within our organization for the implementation of innovative IT solutions. Utilize your technical expertise and bring your innovation and best practices in helping us solve this—and other public health issues.
This is a full-time, direct-hire position is located on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland which is bus/bicycle/Metro (Red Line: Medical Center) accessible. Applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 5+ years in a senior role
- 7+ years of experience with data analysis, data profiling, data mapping, data modeling, design and development of operational data store and dimensional data warehouse preferably on Microsoft platform
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence stack: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL
- Strong data visualization (Dashboard/Report) development experience using PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView, SAP Business Objects, SharePoint etc.
- Experience in PowerShell, python, batch scripting
- Experience with full stack client/web application development preferably .NET
- Experience with web services built on RESTful APIs or SOAP
- Experience with Git, Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA
- Experience with highly collaborative Agile and Test Driven Development practices
- Experience mentoring junior members of the team
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver on customer expectations by producing high quality products timely and efficiently
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making, and problem solving skills
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics a plus
- CSM or CSD certification preferred
- Analyze and interpret functional requirements in order to deliver solutions using best practices, achieving sustainability and reliability by leveraging existing and emerging technologie
- Evaluate business challenges and work with the team to arrive at the best-fit technology solution components
- Design, document, and develop world class web applications and business intelligence solutions leveraging the full spectrum of front-end and back-end technologies and cutting-edge design patterns
- Document the design, deployment procedure, and any support-related instructions as part of the solution deliverables
- Provide accurate time/resource estimates for assigned tasks while identifying potential risk and mitigation
- Develop solutions that focus on efficiency, high performance, reusability, and maintainability
- Detect, analyze, and recommend solutions to improve code/components in the integration stack that is not performing up to par with business needs or expectations
- Install, configure and troubleshoot off-the-shelf and custom software applications
- Exhibit an understanding of SharePoint architecture and have the ability to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services architecture
- Customization and/or enhancement of software applications including user interface development, report development, and script development
- Development of interfaces to integrate disparate applications/databases
- Data mapping, data manipulation and data migration among various business systems and enterprise applications
- Assess the physical infrastructure currently in place recommend changes as necessary along with scope and cost considerations
- Review code for quality, consistency and correctness
- Mentor more junior members in best practices and design paradigms
- Create and execute test plans to ensure quality and adherence to standards
- Create user training guides and participate in user training as needed
- Share responsibility with other team members in supporting jobs in production environment.
- Troubleshoot production/technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues
- Research and develop multiple platform compatibility solutions among different browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla, and Safari etc.)
- Partner with the NHLBI/NIH IT organization and Information Services team to continually expand, share and improve departmental skillset
- Must be a team player