THIS POSITION IS REMOTE
Industry leading contractor located in Bethesda, MD is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence developer.
The Business Intelligence Developer will work as part of the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process team as a producer of data for analytical and reporting users.
- Applying Kimball Method dimensional modeling to solve complex business analytical and reporting needs;
- Designing and building data sets for use by dashboards and reports;
- Creating and Supporting a dimensional presentation environment to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Work as a member of the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) Team to deliver Kimball-Method solutions to complex analytical and reporting business needs.
- Interface with Business analysts and ETL Development team to deliver solutions and advance processing practice.
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to
The Kimball Method, SSRS, SQL Server, SSIS, T-SQL, Power BI and other reporting tools.
- Design dimensional models to support business analytical and reporting needs.
- Code and test new processes to load cubes and reports with data from the ETL System environment.
- Provide SSRS and T-SQL support to analytical and reporting users and processes.
- Enhance existing systems by adding functionality.
- Maintain existing systems by identifying and correcting defects.
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
- Create and amend design documents including database schema, cubes, and reporting business logic.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation.
- Improve and document development lifecycle processes.
Desire Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and seven years demonstrated experience:
- Using Kimball-Method dimensional modeling to Identify the Data Sources; Declare the Grain; Specify the Dimensions, and Specify the Facts relating to a given business process.
- Programming in SSRS and SSIS. Expert-level knowledge of SSRS is expected. Proficiency in SSIS, T-SQL and Power BI is a plus.
- Database design and management in SQL Server. Development-oriented Database Administrator is a plus.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required. Must be US citizen and meet eligible requirements for security clearance.
We are a VEVRAA Contractor/Priority Referral of Protected Vets