PHEAA is seeking a Senior Business Process Analyst to join their team. The Senior Business Process Analyst is responsible for analyzing the most complex current business processes (manual and system assisted) of areas determined through prioritization from business areas and/or the Office of Enterprise Architecture. This position will research and analyze business processes and workflows with the objective to understand the objectives, document all activities, identify improvements or design new processes. The Sr BPA will document the process impacts and updates needed for areas requested through collaboration with the business unit(s), Business Analysts (BA), Requirements Analysts, User Experience (UX) designers, and Architects. The Senior Business Process Analyst works on the complex projects, working independently.
Business Process Research
* Work independently to research the complex business/technical activities, processes and requirements to support process improvement or technology implementation projects.
* Conduct interview key stakeholders, internal staff, end users, and customer focus groups to gain knowledge about the process, understand the process objectives, regulatory guidelines, performance of the process and ensure the process is documented following the standards set by the Office of Enterprise Architecture.
* Conduct effective reviews of documented processes with the process stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the information and quality of deliverables.
Business Process Analysis
* Work independently to analyze research results to identify potential solutions that will support the Agency Enterprise Strategic Objectives (ESO). Collaborate with the business process stakeholders, to analyze the results of research investigate options for improving process designs and identify technical and non-technical changes to achieve the ESO.
* Using approved methods and appropriate modeling tools, develop and maintain applicable artifacts that capture results of the research and analysis. Ensure that artifacts are distributed, reviewed, validated and stored in the appropriate reference repositories.
* Support the Business Analysts in the development of Business Requirement as a subject matter expertise (SME) on process functions and features.
* Conducts peer reviews of documentation to ensure adherence to established standards for format and content.
* Determine time estimates for scheduling tasks required for business processes analysis and design.
* Manage Business Process Analysis portion of projects and meetings.
* Lead teams to elicit requirements, design processes, develop and validate documentation,
* Analyze and establishes the scope for the area of analysis, working with business sponsors to clarify the level and complexity of the business analysis effort needed.
* Capture, develop, and use tacit knowledge and documentation of Agency processes and share the information.
* Assist with coaching/mentoring and transferring technical knowledge to other Business Process Analyst staff.
* Assist with coaching other Business Process Analyst staff on the Business Process Modeling methodology and procedures.
* May participate in industry specific user groups.
* Required to stay current on industry specific knowledge.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in computer science with four plus years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of skills, knowledge and ability.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
* Possess highly skilled interviewing techniques. Selects the appropriate elicitation technique to efficiently identify critical requirements by asking the right questions through the use of interviewing.
* Experienced at conducting modeling sessions to analyze complex requirements or design issues.
* Ability to create logical business and technical documentation using a working knowledge of standard business process modeling tools (i.e., Microsoft Visio), and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
* Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of complex and difficult assignments or projects for assigned business processes.
* Ability to lead teams and motivate individuals.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment using strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with diverse audiences at all levels both internally and externally.
* Working knowledge of legacy systems and web development technology and its capabilities.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in computer science and four years of process design experience with a background in financial services and/or student loan industry. Six Sigma Certification.
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, enrollment into the State Employee Retirement System (SERS) with multiple plan options , and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS). #LI-SH1 #Dice
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Department: Business Process Improvement