This is the position placed in the organization for building and developing relationship in the finance function from IT. You will be responsible for working day-to-day with your finance stakeholders to drive strategy, roadmap and plan to deliver priorities that meet the needs of current and future business transformation needs. You will be working with the senior leadership in finance and IT so prior experience working at that level is highly desirable. You should understand finance & accounting business function and processes to influence and drive strategic decisions. Additionally, the position requires hands-on experience in gathering requirements, designing, building and testing in Workday financial system. You should have working experience in integrating technologies and Workday security & reporting.
This role highly requires influential skills to drive changes resulting from either the process changes, additional functionalities or system enhancements. You need to be current with the technology to help drive changes for business benefits in the form of productivity, simplification and standardization. You will interface with business teams regarding business problems, issues and opportunities in the context of business requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle. You’ll analyzes business information, translates requirements into functional specifications and champions business needs while balancing priorities, capabilities and constraints of business environments.
Additionally, you are required to spearhead some large projects from finance so having experience, knowledge of building project plans, schedule, risk and must have demonstrated work experience in executing projects using agile or waterfall methodologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead/drive meetings and cadence with the senior leadership in finance for strategic priorities, key business transformation initiative or roadmap discussions.
- Participate in Workday projects involving strategy, implementation support, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) optimization related to Information Technology (IT) operations, business processes, security, and data integrity for the Workday applications
- Lead/Participate in interactive discussions regarding requirements and possible methods of configuration within the Workday Module.
- Interact/partner with the business to understand their needs and usage of Workday. Obtain and document all requirements for the Workday module for all setup and business processes, including all self-service aspects.
- Plan, design, configure, test, and deploy Workday module for all new release, enhancements, or break/fix
- Develop reports, calculated fields, conditional routing and business processes that support the requirements outlined. Mitigate any opportunities of inaccurate data, business process routing, or impacts to other business areas.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of Workday advisory engagements for a variety of clients including process design, package implementation lifecycle support, and project reviews
- Conduct testing of configuration and develop functional test plans, coordinate user acceptance testing, and guide the business users through the testing phase.
- Review and map Workday business processes and advise business on system services available within the Workday application
- Maintain the integrity of the Workday environment while being flexible and nimble to the business.
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and result in complete and accurate outcomes within a timely manner.
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine appropriate action plan for break/fix including impacted employees/users/data clean-up.
- Utilizes business knowledge to identify areas of systems improvement opportunity and submits proposals for analysis that lead to recommendations of systems improvements.
- Provides well thought out and actionable recommendations.
- Identify and communicate findings to senior management and businesses
- Work in a team environment that includes client interactions, workstream management, and cross-team collaboration; may have supervisory responsibilities
- Accountable for functional workstream and/or project activities assigned by functional lead or supervisor
- Interaction with all workstreams including technical, reports, conversion, change management and project management
- Adapt existing methods, tools and procedures to create solutions to deliver on client needs
- Analyze business requirements to determine configuration solutions; documentation of requirements, solutions and impacts, alternatives and final decisions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Workday Certified / Pro for finance module highly desired. CPA is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting. The degree in Computer Science is acceptable provided the candidate has prior work experience in leading & supporting finance function and fully conversant with financial processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication, and analytical skills
- Minimum 5-8 years of work experience in accounting or related function and minimum 5 years of hand-on experience with Workday Financials
- Experience in Financial Report Writing
- Five years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems containing Finance applications functionality. (Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP)
- Experience with implementation and conversion to Workday preferred
- Experience configuring Workday Business Processes
- Ability to manage Workday security access, groups and roles
- Experience working in finance and accounting environment
- Should be able to demonstrate experience in building project plans, owning & executing projects.