Delegata is looking for a Senior Business Solutions Analyst to join our Sacramento team. Candidate will provide business process analysis and BPMN documentation, validation of business needs and planned business changes, development of key user interaction scenarios, development of the functional requirements to support the business needs, and test cases supporting the requirements.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to:
- Lead activity in small to moderate teams while mastering techniques in: Acceptance and Evaluation Criteria Definition, Benchmarking, Brainstorming, Business Rules Analysis, Data Dictionary and Glossary, Data Flow Diagrams, Data Modeling, Decision Analysis, Document Analysis, Estimation, Focus Groups, Functional Decomposition, Interface Analysis, Interviews, Lessons Learned Process, Metrics and Key Performance Indicators, and Non-Functional Requirements Analysis.
- Perform needs analyses for improved business process solutions, and translate functional requirements into technical specifications
- Develop and maintain requirements, use cases, traceability matrices, business process reengineering, business process modeling, feasibility studies and trade-off analyses, and other technical documents for Cloud based application design and development
- Assist with the development and evaluation of requirements and propose technical or functional solutions to ensure the accuracy of documents
- Analyze business scenarios and identify impacts to staff and customers
- Document and maintain “As-Is” and “To-Be” process flow documentation, including business activities and diagrams
- Work independently and use existing functional design documentation
- Submit monthly timesheets and prepare weekly status reports
- Attend project, staff, and management meetings as required
- Store all work-in-process, work products, or deliverables in a designated location
- Perform other duties as assigned by project manager
- 7+ years of experience successfully applying analytical processes on IT projects
- 3+ years of experience working on business systems analysis and design, process re-engineering, and organizational change management
- Must possess knowledge and experience in structured analysis principles and methods
- Must possess knowledge and experience in business process engineering and life cycle management concepts.
- Must be able to organize requirements in a manner that facilitates forward and backward traceability
- Must have the ability to think analytically, solve complex business process problems and document results in a clear manner
- Must have the ability to facilitate and guide analysis discussions towards a common solution with individuals and groups that may have competing needs, objectives, and/or business rules
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of audience types using different mechanisms including informal updates, formal presentations, business case documents, and other analytical and technical documents
- Experience in creating business process workflows and business diagrams to convey business as is and to be objectives
- Experience in identifying bugs/defects, fix defects and testing
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and relevant applications
- Experience with the MS Office suite of applications for business use
- Extensive experience using MS Visio
- California State Government experience
- Experience deploying systems that automate all or part of the CA IT Procurement process.
- Experience supporting CA IT Procurements
- Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, cross-silo redundancies, and opportunities for improvement and efficiencies as they relate to the overall organization and underlying technical infrastructure
- Ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience with enterprise-wide view of business and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Experience developing and implementing effective organizational governance structures
- Related certifications are desirable (CBAP, Lean Six Sigma, etc.)
Education, Certification, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university or with equivalent experience
- The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Delegata is a premier IT and management consulting firm established in 2000, specializing in five centers of excellence: Program & Project Management, Analytics & Business Intelligence, Organization Transformation, Enterprise Architecture, and Custom Solutions.
- Delegata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.