Please note that this is a 10 months contract position.
Job Description: The Business Systems Analyst with 5+ years’ experience responsible for working across multiple business and technical teams and guiding the development team to ensure quality project delivery through the Release Life Cycle utilizing Agile methodologies. Works with client on high level reporting and Project Plans. This individual will assist the project leader with analysis activities during the design, development, implementation and maintenance of business information systems specific to the respective application(s) they will be supporting. Ability to analyze and evaluate complex data processing systems, translating customer system requirements into detailed software requirements and supporting tasks utilizing Agile methodologies.
This individual may be called upon to provide guidance to the technical staff. This involves developing ROMS to estimate the cost/schedule of new requirements, addressing questions from the developers and the business customers, testing the code, completing Technology Solution Life Cycle (TSLC) documentation, sending out release notes, notifying the customer of acceptance testing, updating the technical guides, coordinating with the release team, managing the verification process, and making sure that the code is properly deployed.
NOTE: Client must be onsite in Eagan, MN. No remote work.
Bachelor’s degree in a business, computer science, information systems, business analysis related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience building strong business relationships across teams to ensure a positive customer experience and quality of software projects into Production
• Able to effectively translate business requirements/needs into detailed software requirements and support tasks utilizing Agile methodologies and setup of VersionOne
• Able to communicate technical information to others, expressing facts or ideas clearly, orally or in writing, when answering questions, giving directions, and providing information, individually or in groups
• Strong ability to guide development team activities from requirements to implementation in all aspects of a software development lifecycle with little supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to effectively work directly with customers and technical staff
• Perform analysis to support the development and validation of requirements
• Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups
• Effective liaison between business and technical teams
• Strong business analysis, analytical and problem solving skills.
• The ability to adjust well and staying calm in constantly changing environments, with the focus on the customer/user
• 5+ years’ extensive experience developing manual tests in ALM
• 5+ years’ experience working with a Relational Database
• 5+ years’ experience writing intermediate level SQL queries
• 5+ years’ experience working with Java development/principles
• Demonstrated knowledge of terminology, usage, and operating characteristics of hardware, software, and operating system components
• Demonstrated ability to define system solutions in comprehensive, quantitative, and qualitative terms to facilitate comparative analysis of alternative system solutions
• Working knowledge of the following:
o CR tracking systems such as ServiceNow
o VersionOne tool to setup and track projects utilizing Agile methodologies
o Ability to assist with development of simple to complex project plans utilizing Agile methodologies
o Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
o SQL, PL/SQL
o SQL Developer
o IBM WebSphere MQ
• Previous Quality Assurance testing experience
For consideration, please reference job number 2006.
San Francisco, CAContact