Senior Character Artist
A AAA Game Studio in the Greater Seattle Area is looking for a Sr. Character Artist to help with the creation of Character content and is excited to help mentor others on the team. Job Responsibilities:
• Work with the Character Lead and Art Directors to achieve and maintain a high, consistent quality bar for characters in game.
• Create high-quality, photorealistic real-time characters and character assets (organic and hard-surface) based on scan data and reference.
• Collaborate with the Character Lead, engineering and tech art to establish and maintain art bars that fit within budget.
• Collaborate with Concept Art and other motorsport subject matter experts to ensure that character assets maintain authenticity and realism.
• Work with our technical animators to ensure that character assets can be rigged to achieve high-fidelity deformation and movement.
• Present ideas, feedback, and create documentation relating to character art workflows. Qualifications:
• 3+ years' experience and as a character artist or similar. Shipped AAA title on current generation hardware preferred.
• A portfolio/demo reel demonstrating a deep understanding of the creation of realistic and compelling real time character assets.
• Strong understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
• In-depth industry knowledge of real time character creation pipelines.
• Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D packages, Maya or 3DS MAX preferred.
• Strong knowledge of one or more high poly tools, ZBrush preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Substance Painter.
• Strong knowledge of Marvelous Designer a plus.
• Experience processing high-poly and/or scan data with 3DS Wrap.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com