“Professionally Stretched. Continual Certifications. Competitive Salaries. Working Amongst the Brightest Minds. Enterprise Level Projects. Shared Warrior Spirit. Sticky.“ Just a few phrases that our talented delivery engineers are saying about GDT.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Route / Switch Engineer (Borderless NSE) and you could learn what the hype is about. As a Borderless NSE, you will be technically challenged to deliver complex integration / implementation / migration projects in enterprise environments. You will be professionally stretched as you will encounter new technologies and situations in each environment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest minds in the industry (as part of the wolf pack), and/or work projects independently (lone-wolf).
At GDT, you have a career and an organization wanting to invest in YOU:
- Competitively compensated
- Motivating incentive plans
- Opportunity to participate in tech events.
- Training on bleeding-edge technologies
- Certification reimbursement
In return you will remain highly marketable, and recognized as a partner with Cisco’s 6th largest VAR in North America. If you are looking for a job where you can stay status-quo, and remain under the radar, then GDT is not for you.
What defines a GDT Engineer:
- Highly consultative skills – engage with you peers, but also just as comfortable engaging with your client on project status and best practices.
- Warrior Spirit – accepts, tackles, conquers challenges, thrives in an autonomous environment, be a leader while accepting leadership
- Thought Leaders – “Out of the box” mentality and approaches, total cost of ownership on each and every project, continual drive to pave the way to the cutting edge
The must haves for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years of related Cisco route/switch design / implementation experience including:
- Cisco routers/switches – 7600, 6500, 3700, 2800, 4500, etc.
- MPLS, BGP, EIGRP and other protocols.
- Nexus experience is a significant plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in network environments, including network engineering (hardware and software), network security practices and designing, planning and implementing LANs and WANs.
- Excellent problem solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills are required.
- Excellent verbal communications and written documentation skills are required.
- Active Cisco CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE certifications are desired.
- Mid Market and/or Enterprise experience.
- Previous consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% is required.
- This is a senior level consulting engineer – candidate must have the experience to not only develop and implement technology solutions, but be able to serve as a technical leader/trusted advisor for our clients.
- Work with clients and with project teams to identify business and technical requirements.
- Implement and support route/switch solutions for clients based on best practices.
- Perform network readiness and current state assessments.
- Provide quality assurance documentation review and peer review on projects.
- Occasionally provide technical sales support for sales team that is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and selling data networking solutions.
- Efficiently deliver high-quality Cisco-focused services to customers.
- Apply expert knowledge of Cisco technologies to designs and implementation of customer networks.
- Meet customer and internal deadlines for deliverables.
- Create and implement troubleshooting and problem resolution plans as needed.
- Study and learn new products, protocols, and networking technology.
- Lead projects assigned by management as requested.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with Cisco Professional level certification is preferred.
- CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE certification preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate should also be interested in pursuing additional certifications as part of their professional development plan.