Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of peopleto take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on adiverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: wenever stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team ofengineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects worktirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually pushourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to thechanging landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve ourcustomers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense,intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Ourhigh-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitivesalaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningfulimpact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta' s talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-standsready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is looking for a Senior Cisco Network Engineer
to support of one of our largest contracts underthe Department of Defense.
This individual must be a US Citizen,
must hold anactive/current Secret Clearance to be considered. Must also have a CCNP certification, and be willing to obtain a CASP certification within thefirst 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to work independently at asenior level, advanced customer service in support of the networkenvironments.
- Provide architectural and maintenance supportof these environments to include support of fielded hardware, software,routers, switches, firewalls and connectivity to the remote data center.
- Wil provide architectural and new designsupport for Cisco networks.
- Knowledge andexperience to maintain the 150 plus Cisco ASA, switches and wireless devicesimplemented around the world.
- Coordinate with remote communications personnel to configurenetwork access for specific customer applications based on a pre-determinedimplementation schedule.
- Telephonically assist on-site personnel during theimplementation.
- Document all activities related to site coordination andimplementation assistance using a Windows, Windows Server and or Windowsdesktop system running a web-based trouble ticket/change order tracking system.
- Research and resolve hardware PC, router ASA firewallconfigurations and architectural support issues, software and connectivityimplementation problems by utilizing established procedures, user manuals,accessing on-line applications, or interacting with internal and externalsupport groups.
- Perform network design within the constraints of remotefacilities, and provide third level support to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 supportpersonnel.
- In the course of troubleshooting remote facility networkproblems, perform IP packet analysis to determine network errors and/orconflicts.
- Establishguidelines and policies surrounding risk and security
- Auditcurrent and future systems and implement the right security strategy
- Definebackup policies and monitor backups for completion and viability
- SuperviseIT network projects and bring the right security implementation for smoothproject management
- Monitorhardware and software for any suspicious behavior or traffic
- Documentbest practices for security and information assurance based on business anduser requirements
- Minimumof 7 years with Cisco components
- Security and CCNP certificate mandatory (CISCO certifications)
- Mustalready have or can get a CASP certification in 6 months.
- StrongKnowledge of data communications protocols and utilities (TCP/IP) and possessthe ability to perform rudimentary packet analysis.
- Knowledgeof LAN/WAN hardware components (routers, switches, DSU/CSU, Cat5)
- Strongknowledge of Cisco ASA and Switch configurations.
- Windowsdesktop and server environment
- PCand peripheral devices (card readers, printers, keyboard, mouse, monitor,digital cameras, and other associated hardware)
- Strong working knowledge of Leased line fault isolation
- Knowledge of data communications protocols and utilities(TCP/IP) and possess the ability to perform rudimentary packet analysis.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN/GAN hardware components (routers, switches,DSU/CSU, Cat6)
- VPN connectivity,Windows Server, Microsoft Office
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION / KNOWLEDGE
- CiscoCCNP Certification
- AcquireCASP certification in 6 months