Work with AWS and help AAA gaming studios build the next generation of games and game infrastructure!
We are AWS Professional Services and we work with advanced software vendors (as a user or a partner), to enable their vision for cloud-based services.
Are you a developer who has hands-on experience with building cloud-native applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build cloud-ready applications.
AWS is looking for talented hands-on technical architects and senior developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization-leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Key job responsibilities
* Work as a hands on technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
* Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
* Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS/EKS
* Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
* Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
* Advise on implementing AWS best practices
* Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
* Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams
This is a customer facing role. You will need to be able to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
. BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
. Cloud experience
. 4+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
• Exposure to agile development methodologies
. Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
. Advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience in Refactoring, Re-writing and Decoupling applications
• Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
. Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
. Designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies
. Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
. Cloud certifications
• Hands on familiarity with Infrastructure as a code as well as with game publishers or studios, or with advanced software vendors.
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible);
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.);
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems;
• Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor);
• Good communication and presentation skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.