Description Job Description:
This position can be performed remote with up to 50% travel, or in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area with limited travel.
The Leidos Civil Group has a contingent opening for a Senior Cloud Architect to join our Enterprise IT Modernization team.Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation; due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
The ideal candidate possesses technical depth in Commercial clouds as well as on-premise, private compute and store services delivered as a Managed Service or as a Service. As the Senior Cloud Architect, you will bring technical expertise to translate business requirements into value added services and cost-efficient IT infrastructure hosting solutions across multiple technologies and ensure effective operations of IT infrastructure hosting to meet the demands of the EPA systems and workforce.
In this role, you will help customers solve their more demanding challenges via technology, modernization, and transformation processes, and proven methods and solutions. As part of a creative, forward-thinking team, you will help shape solutions to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient.Primary Responsibilities:
In coordination with program teams and customer stakeholders, you will identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve enterprise IT capabilities resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction. The Senior Cloud Architect will develop and lead architecture definition of Cloud Computing solutions (CSP, Private Cloud, SaaS) addressing the full lifecycle from early CONOPS, requirements development, technical planning, system integration, analysis of alternatives, verification and validation, design, build, cost , deploy, through sustainment. As a cloud architect, you your technical duties include infrastructure design, planning, management, maintenance and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working with Cloud Engineers to perform and manage cloud solution, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation.Basic Qualifications:
- Master's degree in technical disciplines with 15+ years of experience related to IT and/or systems engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Master's degree.
- Strong technical breadth and depth in support of the government markets and in particular in government Compute and Storage solution design, implementation, operations, and modernization with associated cyber network defense solutions.
- Demonstrated AWS and/or Azure infrastructure architect experience at expert level.
- Demonstrated experience with private cloud compute and store technology and familiarity with on premise or traditional compute and store technology.
- Familiarity with cloud SaaS architecture and understanding of its principles and best practices
Demonstrated experience in designing, deploying, and maintenance of production applications in Azure and / or AWS cloud.
- Demonstrated experience with application migrations to Cloud
- Familiar with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical leadership and customer relationship building
- Capable of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs.
- Deep industry awareness with leading capabilities providers to enhance our solutions offerings and close gaps in offerings yielding competitive technical solutions.
- Experience supporting technical volumes and developing labor and material estimates
- Understands competitor/teammate technology offerings
- Ability to assess, identify, recruit and retain talent to grow technical expertise
- Ability to author, present, and articulate problem sets and associated solution elements in settings supporting customers, business development, program delivery, technical teams, and executives.
- PMP or PgMP
- CSP Certifications (AWS, Azure)
- Security Certifications (CISSP a plus)
- CCNP certification
- Other IT certifications (cloud, Microsoft)
- ITIL foundations certification with Enterprise IT experience using ITIL
- Experience with Managed Service delivery to include private cloud services.
- Demonstrated Azure and/or AWS infrastructure architect experience at expert level.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, deploying, and maintenance of production applications in Azure and / or AWS cloud.
- Experience defining and leading IT Infrastructure projects / portfolios and supporting the transition of technology change into programs
- Experience working in Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments is a plus
Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00