We are looking for a Sr Cloud Architect to help drive Azure-based initiatives in collaboration with customers and IT. This includes, but is not limited to, the Azure technical engagement including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or proofs of concept, demos, and deployment input. The ideal candidate has experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud solutions. Five or more years of real-world architecture, design implementation and/or support of distributed applications designed to run in the cloud or across hybrid cloud and on-premises environments.
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
• Strong understanding of cloud virtualization, storage, and networking.
• Understanding of cloud governance technologies for cost management and control.
• Understanding of common database technologies such as SQL Database/Server, Oracle, MySQL.
• Deep technical experience in enterprise mobile, identity, and access control, & security solutions.
• Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM
• Solid understanding of modern DevOps practices, including automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous integration methodologies.
• Deep understanding of cloud-based Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery practices and strong verbal and written communication and ability to drive discovery and solutioning sessions with customers.
• 5-8 years of project experience designing and delivering Azure cloud solutions on an enterprise scale.
• 5+ years of experience with creating pilots, prototypes, and proof-of-concepts to provide validation of specific scenarios.
• 4-6 years of experience providing cloud solutions, including hybrid solutions on-premises or in the cloud, lift and-shift initiatives, migrations, and upgrades.
• Ability to build customer/partner relationships.
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships to grow cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through.
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
• Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert