Job ID: 219418 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Cloud Comp EngrSchedule:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
We are seeking an experienced, Senior Cloud Computing Engineer to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team, based in Chantilly, working on a cutting edge program in support of national security objectives. The candidate applies expertise gained from direct experience working in a cloud environment to proactively monitoring and manage selected C2S environment for the client. The Engineer negotiates and triages resources and achieves on-time schedule delivery of client established milestones. Additionally, the candidate leads the automation of the account management processes, and works closely with industry partners to ensure that proposed solutions and development activities align with customer equities and strategic direction. Join SAIC to support this 8 year contract, and stay with SAIC for the rest of your career!
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Identify and provide solutions for processes/applications that can be consolidated.
- Provide roadmap and technical guidance to re-architect legacy applications.
- Apply and offer technical guidance on the most complex projects and regularly provide technical leadership to colleagues to assist them with successfully completing assigned projects.
- Install, maintain, configure, monitor and support all system software components on the applicable server platform.
- Plan and recommend changes to the configuration and capacity/performance of the operating system.
- Prepare long and short-range plans for systems maintenance, production activities, and necessary support resources.
- Ensure web systems security issues are addressed effectively in the House environment for all components of the platform operating system environment.
- Active TS//SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree and 18 years of applicable experience
- Experience leading functional development operations in within JIRA, Confluence, GitLab, JSON and other tools with Active Directory (AD)
- Experience in triaging requirements from client and leading the configuration of those requirements working primarily in a cloud environment
- Amazon Certifications are desired: Certified Solutions Architect (Assoc or Professional), DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator, Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Experience with TCP /IP networking is highly desired
- M.S. Degree and additional years of relevant experience
- Experience using Gitlab
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.