GDIT seeks a Senior Cloud Cyber Security Engineer. This opening requires a Secret (NACLC) clearance.
- CISSP, CCSP, AWS/Azure Security and/or Architecture certifications desired.
- Ensure system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues.
- May interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
- For the Cloud Service contract, the Cyber Security Senior Analyst will be responsible for contributing to, implementing and measuring strategic cloud security programs.
- Must be able to compile information and prepare reports based on both manual and automated sources, and align to applicable security strategies and established processes.
- This role will work with Application Developers, Systems Engineers, and Executives to ensure mitigation of risks identified in cloud based solutions.
- Must assist in the evaluation, research and development of IT cloud security risk assessments, security tools and implementation plans.
- Will assess information security risks of new projects and non-standard IT requests using risk assessment methodologies based on provided architecture. This will require practical use and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and solid knowledge of information security principles and practices as well as latest scalable technologies.
- This role will habitually interact with internal and external customers on security-related projects and operational tasks, and prepare/conduct brief outs to senior staff members and executives on a regular basis.
- Plan, implement, upgrade and monitor security controls for the protection of Navy cloud based networks and information systems.
- Provide technical assistance in the selection, configuration, and maintenance of cloud security devices/systems including, but not limited to, firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, WAF, Network-based Malware detection and related platforms as well as software-defined systems.
- Serve as a technical resource in advising and assisting all departments and schools for issues relating to cloud security.
GDIT (General Dynamics Information Technology) is the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. We deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
We are a company of over 40,000 smart, talented individuals who are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
Delivering Next Generation IT Solutions
We deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Committed to Our Country and Communities
Whether we're helping our U.S. government customers meet their mission and operational challenges or working to address critical needs within our local communities, we bring the same level of passion and commitment, developing solutions that meet or exceed the challenge.
As an employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation's most critical missions. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.