Senior Cloud Devops Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2 nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer for a local client. This opportunity is for a 3 Month Contract to hire.
Applicants must have 8+ years of Senior DevOps Engineering experience in an enterprise level environment. If you'd like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com .Company & Group Details of the Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer:
- The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer will work as part of a collaborative team in a fast paced enterprise environment.
- This position will play a critical role in the automation and development of the cloud platform.
- The individual will need to be able to multi-task, determine problems and resolve the issues at hand, and have excellent written and oral skills.
- Strong understanding of different SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, and/or Iterative.
The organization offers several perks including but not limited to: training opportunities, great benefits, and is heavily involved with the community and philanthropy. Requirements for the Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer:
- 8+ years of DevOps Engineering experience in an enterprise level.
- Experience with IaaS and automated deployments on cloud platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization.
- Able to execute application software builds & deployments to support applications across the enterprise for both distributed and mainframe applications
- Develop, maintain and support existing and new scripts to automate existing manual build & deployment procedures as well as the automation of the infrastructure.
- Implement triggers on source code repositories to assist with continuous integration process.
- Work with Application Development & Operation teams to understand project specific needs within DevOps core functioning areas and implementations.
- Coordinate the promotion of: Code to Test, QA, and stage & production environments in support of all roadmap & emergency releases.
- Work in a fast paced Agile type environment.
- Develop and maintain reporting dashboards from TFS and Automation tools
- +3 years experience with a number of services on the AWS platform
- Strong experience developing CI/CD pipelines on cloud Infrastructure
- Experience cloud formation scripting on AWS
- Strong containerization experience with tools such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with Deployment Automation tools like IBM UrbanCode, IBM Buildforge, Puppet or other similar tools
- Experience with .NET, Groovy and JAVA application development is required
- Extensive experience with more than one of these scripting languages is required - PowerShell, Ant, Shell, Ruby, Jython & Python scripting for automation
- Experience in Ant, MSBuild & Maven based builds
- Deployment experience for Java, J2EE, Microsoft and Mobile applications
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or