Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better. Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!About the Opportunity
Our National IT Client Services' Treasury Services Division (TSD) has an immediate opening for a Cloud Engineer to join their TSD Strategy & Planning team, reporting to the Sr. Manager- TSD Strategy and Planning. TSD provides the products and services which enable applications that drive the Federal Reserve System and it's customers. We provide the critical technical platforms that runs business and user computing services. We work as one-team to deliver high-quality, reliable, and modern infrastructure.
As a part of our Engineering team, you will provide leadership to our Product teams to ensure our platforms deliver solutions in alignment with our strategic roadmaps, Architectural principles, and Engineering best-practices. You will develop patterns to deploy enterprise-wide solutions that are repeatable, secure, and resilient. This dynamic role partners with Application development teams to integrate their applications with TSD Products and Platforms.
You will join a talented team of cloud engineers and with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. You will leverage your cloud-native and Infrastructure as code knowledge and experience to ensure that our products are secure and deliver business value to our customers. What You Will Do:
- Serve as a hands-on technical Engineer to provide leadership to products focused on development and implementation of strategic technological initiatives.
- Develop Infrastructure as Code to support proof of concepts.
- Review Infrastructure Code developed by peers and product teams to ensure alignment with business objectives and security standards.
- Provide prioritization and technical leadership to product scrum teams in partnership with Product Owners.
- Validate that new features meet business needs, security requirements and engineering patterns.
- Provide technical leadership through design and implementation oversight to ensure alignment with strategic direction and best practices.
- Lead architectural and engineering discussions for technical, business and management audiences.
- Partner with Client Engagement teams to help applications adopt our products and integrate their applications into TSD platform offerings.
- Partner with our customers, National IT, and TSD technical, operational, and business experts to detect critical architectural and infrastructure gaps and deficiencies in the environment and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze and revise existing system and product documentation as necessary.
- Authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption.
- Evaluate, recommend, and select new services, software, and hardware.
- Follow and ensure adherence to technical standards for programming and design techniques, and train System technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security guidelines.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ (Senior) / 6+ (Advanced) years of experience providing technical delivery of large projects by working with stakeholders from business, development, and infrastructure domains.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud-based technologies and concepts, including virtualization, containerization, and infrastructure as code.
- Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc) associate-level certification or equivalent experience Knowledge and hands-on experience developing solutions utilizing DevOps and / or Infrastructure as code.
- Experience with IaC tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, CDK, etc).
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated ability to provide high-level technical analysis and thorough research.
- Experience working with large infrastructure hosting environments including knowledge of Application Hosting, distributed messaging architectures, network technologies (Ex: VPNs, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing, etc.), security technologies (Ex: public key cryptography and infrastructure, smart cards, authentication, authorization, etc.).
- Demonstration of thorough understanding of how discrete infrastructure components work together to provide reliable and secure hosting environment.
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- The Richmond, VA hiring range for the:
- Cloud Engineer - Senior (Engineer- Senior) Engineer- Senior is $127,980 - $142,200 annually.
- Cloud Engineer - Advanced (Engineer- Advanced) Engineer- Advanced is $109,300 - $156,420 annually.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Full Time / Part Time
- For candidates outside Richmond, VA, listed hiring and salary ranges may be adjusted based on your geographic location.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.