NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award-winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full-service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented Senior Cloud Engineer to join our dynamic team. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you.
- Build, configure, and deploy storage and physical / virtual server infrastructure.
- Help fine tune performance and ensure high availability of AWS infrastructure, including reviewing system and application logs.
- Support associated proprietary software infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server failures by leveraging internal tools and gained knowledge to diagnose and fix issues.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Successfully initiate and implement an escalation process that reduced the number of open tickets.
- Perform regular and scheduled system patching, including firmware management.
- Perform system security functions including patching and testing of security settings.
- Maintain proper documentation and develop / adhere to current management procedures.
- Provide after-hours or weekend systems and / or applications support as required.
- Gather, track and analyze reliability, maintainability and network health monitoring data.
- Support and evaluate customer/operational need to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and system interfaces.
- Work with fellow Infrastructure Engineers to build and maintain our production infrastructure to ensure ongoing reliability while maximizing development team efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure, network, and operating system issues.
- Manage security systems, Linux file system permissions and network firewalls.
- Perform automated deployments to create new or update existing production environments.
- Set up and maintain monitoring systems for notifications on error conditions.
- Join our on-call rotation as a first line of defense during production issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and Information Systems, Computer Science, Networking or related field.
- Previous experience maintaining a medium or larger scale production system.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud infrastructure, AWS, Linux, Scripting, or Security.
- Experience in automation using in Python, Terraform, CloudFormation, Bash Scripting.
- Thoughtful, adaptive, and collaborative mindset.
- Experience with networks and HTTP.
- Ability to use the shell to achieve practical aims. (e.g. navigate the shell, SSH into machines, create SSH keys, read log files, move files, and start/stop services, search in files, change permissions).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s or Permanent Residents only.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.