Tyler Technologies is seeking a Senior Cloud Automation Engineer with hosting operations experience to join our team in the Yarmouth, ME or Plano, TX offices. The analyst will primarily work on projects involving designing/implementing new products and hosted solution environments in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure) cloud computing services. This position is ideal for a mid to high level candidate with current experience working in the Cloud to bring their experience and skills to the Tyler team!Responsibilities
- Work with hosting and divisional resources to develop and implement automation around cloud-based infrastructure as a service.
- Work with business partners to design and implement new product solutions and processes for use in the cloud.
- Maintain a written knowledgebase for the purposes of transferring knowledge to those who will be tasked with long term monitoring and maintenance of implemented clients/products/processes/solutions.
- Develop automation to perform installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows and LINUX Servers and Tyler developed applications in a virtualized (public/private cloud) infrastructure.
- Associates degree with a focus in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of system administration experience
- 4+ years of practical Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) hosting and deployment experience
- 3+ years of practical infrastructure as code architecture, development, and automation
- Extensive experience with the following technologies preferred: IAM administration; EC2; S3; EBS; ELB; SES; Route 53; AWS regions and Multi-AZ Deployments; Systems Manager; Cloud Formation; Terraform; Puppet / Chef; Powershell; Shell Scripting, Perl, JSON
- Strong scripting skills for the purposes of system administration
- AWS Certification(s) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to independently troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
As a part of Tyler's corporate staff, you will make an impact on outcomes that affect various areas of the company. Your work will ultimately support our team members, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.Location
0-5%Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Tyler is continually recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our recent awards and accolades across Tyler Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.