nCino offers exciting career opportunities for individuals who want to join the worldwide leader in cloud banking.
nCino has adopted a diversified Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) cloud computing strategy as an integral part of our Informational Technology infrastructure. Built on trusted cloud solutions from market leaders such as Microsoft, Salesforce and Amazon, we maintain no server footprint at our own facilities. Under the general direction of the Hosted Operations Senior Manager, the Senior Cloud Operations Engineer (Hosted Operations) will contribute to the day-to-day operations including implementations, administration, monitoring, securing, and continuous improvement of systems and technology hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will be responsible for using industry-standard tools and technologies to craft automated, efficient, and scalable infrastructure that enable us to rapidly produce and release software. You will also investigate cutting-edge technologies and techniques in order to find better ways to meet the needs of our teams, other nCino departments, and our customers. This position requires direct involvement in various aspects of development, systems administration, network administration, security operations, project management, and technical troubleshooting. The applicant should be able to work as an individual contributor as well as a team member. Technical Responsibilities
- Implement configuration and automation tools to simplify process of deploying, testing, packaging, and upgrading software across our infrastructure
- Troubleshoot moderate to complex issues in cloud environments, and work with limited supervision
- Evaluate new applications and tools to meet business requirements
- Ensure optimal performance and functionality for systems and technologies
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Assist in design, testing and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Implement monitoring tools and processes to ensure the highest levels of system availability
- Assist to ensure company information security and compliance requirements are met
- Perform system administrative tasks, design and implement technical solutions
- Create reports and dashboards
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting documentation
- Bring You're A-Game - Be a strong independent worker, coachable to feedback, help out and collaborate with the team, be flexible and adaptable to changing product needs based on customer and market shifts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field with a minimum 4 years' experience in IT or Business Systems or combination of education, experience, & superior performance
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting customer facing production systems in either a datacenter or cloud environment,
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience with AWS technologies with 2 or more of the following: EC2, RDS, Lambda, CloudFormation, Route 53, API Gateway, Control Tower, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, Sagemaker, IAM Policies, ECR, S3, DynamoDB, Config, Systems Manager, Service Catalog, AWS Backup, Secrets Manager, GuardDuty, Macie, Certificate Manager, KMS, WAF, Security Hub, SNS, SQS, and Step Functions.
- Python or other scripting programming experience such as Bash.
- Application, configuration, and implementation understanding of IT systems
- Understanding of information security and how to apply knowledge to cloud systems and applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects, and function in a highly productive environment
- Passionate, pro-active, optimistic, and has internal inspiration to get things done
- Experience utilizing multiple AWS technologies to design and build well architected solutions.
- One or more AWS certifications
- Advanced experience with designing and implemented security controls such as monitoring, encryption, alerting, OS hardening, least privilege access, IAM policies, firewall/security group configurations, using 3rd party security testing tools.
- Familiarity with distributed version control (GitHub) and continuous integration.
- Ability to troubleshoot network and firewall issues between cloud and physical environments
- Experience with establishing and integrating development, test and production environments
- Current or actively pursuing related professional certifications such as AWS, CISSP, or other security certifications.
If you thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to share your passion, ideas and excitement at nCino.
nCino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetics or other protected groups. In addition to federal law requirements, nCino complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
nCino is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, nCino will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at email@example.com .
Our commitment to inclusion and equality includes a strong belief that the diversity of our team is instrumental to our success. We strive to create workplaces where employees are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.