Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you passionate about cloud native technologies? Do Cloud Foundry & Kubernetes sound awesome? If so, then come join us and help solve some big challenges. You will be joining a world class team that likes to have fun while being passionate about delivering value to its customers!
Allstate is looking for experienced Cloud Platform Engineers to join Platform Services & Enablement's Platform Engineering team. Platform Engineering is responsible for the engineering and operation of the Allstate Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings comprised of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes, as well as the application continuous delivery tools and pipelines, and supporting infrastructure applications.
- Oversee and develop the Allstate's Platform as a Service offerings using Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes
- Design platform architecture with various cloud providers (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure)
- Provides guidance and direction to application teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver applications to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps around cloud platforms;
- Execute strategic engineering proof of concepts around cloud platforms
- Champion for the appropriate use of open source and commercial technology based upon industry trends and innovative concepts
- Mentor and share knowledge with team members
- Four year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with resilient cloud solutions at scale
- 8+ years of System Administration, Site Reliability Engineering, or DevOps Engineering experience
- Hands-on style - willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes
- Will be working primarily in an Extreme Programming environment and must be willing to work in a paired programming/engineering model
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Identify creative solutions for technical challenges
- Able to communicate effectively across groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate and present ideas and solutions
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing complex applications and distributed systems into private and public cloud infrastructure (AWS, vSphere, Azure, etc...)
- Proficient with either the Linux command line and troubleshooting tools
- Solid understanding of complex, multi-region, highly available state-less and state-full deployments
- Experienced in one or more key areas of the Cloud Foundry platform architecture
- Layer 7 Routing/Load Balancers (F5/nginx/haproxy/envoy)
- Authentication/Authorization (LDAP, AD/FS, SAML/SSO)
- Application runtimes
- IaaS (AWS, Azure, vSphere)
- CI/CD, automated deployment tools (automation pipelines, Jenkins, Concourse a plus!)
- Container orchestration (Kubernetes/Docker Swarm)
- Networking/Network Virtualization
- Intermediate level understanding of network protocols/functions (HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS) and troubleshooting (using tools like tcpdump and wireshark)
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications. Able to make changes to code of moderate to complex applications in one of the following languages/frameworks: Java (Spring Boot), Go, NodeJS
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video
.Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here
" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here
" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here
". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here
". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.