Position at NICE
Senior Cloud Software Developer
Nexidia is looking for a quality-minded senior Java software engineer to help evolve our framework for cloud-based voice and text analytics. The product is a high performance, high scale distributed system for processing real-time audio streams. Some experience in VOIP telephony would help you ramp up quickly, but it's more important that we find someone who shares our passion for rigorous engineering and continuous product improvement.
* 7 years professional server-side Java development
* Strong multi-threaded programming skills. Be ready to discuss deadlock, ExecutorService, and the "volatile" keyword.
* 2 years AWS development and operations
* REST interfaces (principles and implementation)
* 1 year Linux container experience
Must be US citizen or permanent resident
* Prototype and evaluate novel techniques to realize product requirements.
* Provide and review component-level software designs consistent with product requirements, architectural specifications, and project standards.
* Implement software designs with automated unit and integration tests.
* Recommend test cases to QA and Performance Test teams.
* Respond to escalated requests for production support, including off-hours in emergency situations.
* Participate in agile software development lifecycle, to include providing ideas for refinement.
* VOIP and real-time protocols like SIP and RTP
* AmazonMQ, Kinesis, SQS, autoscaling, lambdas
* Call center industry
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.