Kforce has a client that is looking to add Senior Cloud Software Engineers to join a team of software engineers remotely. The ideal candidate would be willing to relocate to Vancouver, Washington (WA) or Corvallis, Oregon (OR). Remote is fine for now, but supporting the PST time zone is crucial.
While working as a Kforce employee you have the option to receive paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay along with access to our robust benefit package. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, employee discount programs, recognition programs and access to career development courses.
* Under direction of team leadership, the Senior Cloud Software Engineer will turn software requirements into specifications, documentation and high quality, scalable cloud software
* Assist with security reviews and planning and executing remediation's to findings
* Learn new methods/technologies as required, and possibly mentor others
* The Senior Cloud Software Engineer will participate in research and planning for new features and future capabilities
* Create prototypes when necessary to demonstrate new technologies or methods
* 4-year CS degree preferred
* Minimum 6 years professional experience
* Experience writing scalable software
* Experience with performance analysis, testing and troubleshooting
* Experience with networking and network protocols
* Experience with at least one Cloud Infrastructure provider (Amazon, Google, Azure,_)
* Experience and understanding about caching
* Experience with computer networking, including an understanding of protocols, internet technologies, DNS, CDN's and load balancing
* Strong communications skills are a must
* Strong problem solving skills
* Humility-the ability to turn uncertainty into a learning opportunity
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
* Ability to discuss and describe technical matter to all levels of stakeholders
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.