Job ID: 2113148-3138 Location:
ORLANDO , FL , US Date Posted:
Cloud Comp EngrSchedule:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has an opening for a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect.
This is a remote position.
The Senior Cloud Solutions Architectwill be responsible for working with SAIC technology teams to help develop and implement SAIC's next generation technologies. The objective is to leverage the power of Government Cloud services to enable business agility and operational efficiencies through the adoption of Cloud solutions and automation. This approach will involve a combination of public and private clouds in a hybrid multi-cloud environment. This is a Lead role that requires hand-on and Solution Architect level knowledge and experience. The qualified candidate will provide technical leadership, and help shape the strategic direction of Cloud technologies at SAIC.
Lead-level Solution Architecture and hands on experience working with modern Cloud technologies is required to help drive SAIC's Cloud adoption and continuous maturity. Job Responsibilities
Qualifications Required Education and Experience
- Provide technical and thought leadership while promoting the adoption of modern Cloud technologies.
- Develop, mentor, and coach SAIC team members on cloud best practices and technologies .
- Partner with SAIC IT teams including Cyber Security to execute on our SAIC-ITO Cloud Strategy.
- Work closely with application, network, EA, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in cloud solution designs .
- Assess, plan, build, and migrate applications and services to public cloud .
- Maintain compliance with FEDRAMP, DFARs, CMMC and other mandated security requirements including NIST standards.
- Leverage policy and automation to enforce standards, build repeatable processes, and optimize cloud spend .
- Assist in the development and presentation of Cloud related business cases .
- Apply modern native Cloud technologies to deliver operational efficiencies .
- Develop and apply Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices.
- Develop Cloud processes and standards that align with industry best practices.
- Develop proof of concepts as needed to demonstrate cloud-based solutions.
- Provide recommendations on cloud strategy and design for implementation.
- Maintain quality documentation for enterprise-wide solutions, standards, and best practices .
- Stay current with industry trends and new cloud-native services as they are made available .
- Help teams build enterprise-monitoring, alerting, and log analytics solutions for the cloud
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, with 14+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 12+ years of experience, PhD or JD and 9+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Must be a US Citizen. Preferred Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of hands-on Cloud Engineering experience with public clouds (Azure, AWS preferred)
- 4+ years of experience developing scripts, software, and tools to support infrastructure
- Certified Azure Solutions Architect preferred
- Demonstrated expert level proficiency with operating systems, SDN, virtualization, PowerShell scripting, PaaS, IaaS, server-less, and public cloud storage constructs
- Experience of with IaC tools (Terraform Enterprise, JSON, PowerShell, etc)
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
- Strong network and Public cloud network design experience
- Experience with Public Cloud security
- Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc)
- Exceptional personal communication and Teamwork interaction skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.