TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. This gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills while building and discovering new capabilities. Our quest to modernizing the way we do technology is making big strides to bring the latest in products and solutions within the cloud infrastructure. Our cloud teams have the potential to shape the future by solving thought-provoking problems and using transformational technology to further enhance our capabilities in this data-driven world. You'll have the chance to thrive in a culture of ownership and delivery as these efforts continue to expand. As technology evolves, our advantage in having an ecosystem of innovation and modernization creates an unmatchable environment.
We are looking for energetic technical thought leaders to establish architectural standards and act as product owner for the foundational components that make up the TransUnion public cloud environment. This includes creating solutions with all appropriate guardrails, standards and controls in place so that they can be turned over to the greater application development user base to utilize in building and migrating applications. Utilize DevOps concepts and experience to architect, develop, automate and operate Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service cloud deployments. Interface with application developers and architects, infrastructure engineers and architects and operations staff to develop iteratively better cloud deployments to solve real business problems. Provide technical expertise and consultation on AWS cloud offerings and implementation approaches. Provide input in hardening IaaS/PaaS services to meet standards.What You'll Bring:
What We Prefer To See:
- An ability to use a wide variety of Open Source and cloud tools
Proficiency with developing software using API calls; software development of APIs a plus
- A working knowledge of IT infrastructure (server, network, storage, load balancing, clustering)
- 5+ years of direct hands-on with external cloud platforms specifically with Amazon Web Services (AWS.)
- Background that includes solution architecture
- Experience with Python and bash scripting or Powershell
- Experience developing automated deployment scripts and tools for system provisioning and configuration
- Experience with infrastructure as code (AWS Cloudformation, Azure ARM, Terraform)
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes
- Experience with building large scale application deployments, standard three tier web applications, Big Data and Analytics workloads
Impact You'll Make:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field
- 5+ years of experience providing technical solution architecture.
- 10+ years of experience in largescale global business environments.
- Act as product owner or a member of the product owner team for the cloud platform foundation team
- Architect foundational solutions to support expansive advancement of application deployments and migrations to public cloud environments
- Help to architect highly available and scalable systems on cloud platforms (primarily Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure)
- Develop automation and processes to quickly and rapidly deploy, manage, configure and scale cloud-based systems and stacks
- Develop methodologies and systems to automate and support application deployments
- Partner with Enterprise Architects to develop deployment patterns and then define and help to deploy and operationalize the foundational components that make up those patterns
- Help to create scalable, secure building blocks to be utilized by application developers globally to instantiate applications in the cloud; these patterns should be operationalized to include logging, monitoring, compliance, etc. so that they are ready for use by the broader community
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture team to drive technical decisions for establishing standards for the deployments and enhancements of AWS platform.
- Partner with enterprise architecture team to develop deployment patterns and then define and help to deploy and operationalize the foundational components that make up those patterns
- Provide technical leadership in establishing feasible migration plans while minimizing disruptions to current business operations.
- Perform technical mentoring and guidance to other cloud engineering & operation teams to harden the platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Architect, Solution Architecture