As a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer at the ICW Group, you will design, implement, troubleshoot and upgrade infrastructure and enterprise computing systems, both on premise and in the cloud. Your role will be a good mix of new solution design and implementation as well as support, which enables you to work on cutting edge technologies from conception to deployment. Our ideal candidate has a strong technical acumen in virtualization and cloud solutions, Linux and Windows core operating systems, and other systems such as container operating systems. Every day offers new challenges as you tap into your expertise in a variety of technology solutions including: Software Defined Data Center, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, SD-WAN, cloud and management automation scripting languages and platforms, DevOps practices, cloud technologies, application containerization and the like.
Sound interesting? Keep reading to see if we are describing an ideal role for your skills and desired next role…
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Architect, design, implement and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX).
- Design tools to automate the deployment/Installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software-related problems.
- Align virtualization strategy to meet disaster recovery, recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives and service level agreements to meet all business requirements.
- Leads problem-solving efforts that may involve vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations. Optimizes and tunes systems.
- Architect, design and engineering of Windows, Linux, VMWare hosts and storage infrastructure.
- Partner with business and other IT teams to Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
- Enforce, manage and create policies and procedures for the VMware, Linux, Storage environment.
- Bachelor's degree within a technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years proven work experience as a Systems Engineer supporting > 500 user environment including designing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft and Linux based enterprise applications and systems; administrating, supporting and maintaining Enterprise Backup and Recovery systems; supporting Microsoft based desktop applications and systems.
- 5+ years proven work experience supporting applications running in VMware ESX environment.
- 2+ year experience with Ansible, Chef, Docker, Puppet or other automation, configuration, orchestration or scheduling system preferred.
- 2+ years supporting, running or design private and public clouds such as VMWare, Azure or AWS.
- 5+ years proven work experience with Enterprise Storage technology environments preferred.