Business Group HighlightsCivilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services. Responsibilities
At Perspecta, we question, we seek and we solve. Because we know what it takes to answer our nation's most pressing challenges. It's more than know-how - it's the relentless drive and commitment to mission success. Every day, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work - making our country stronger in the process.
We help our customers achieve their missions, transform to digital environments, secure, modernize and optimize their enterprises, and innovate for the future. We do this for U.S. government customers in the defense
and state and local
With offerings in mission services, digital transformation and enterprise operations, our team of 14,000 engineers, analysts, investigators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We have the expertise and experience not only to devise solutions, but to execute on them successfully.
Our perspective lets us see further, connect more dots and enables you to shape the future of your organizations.
Perspecta is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Perspecta is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Perspecta promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.Position Summary:
We are seeking a Senior ColdFusion Application Developer to be responsible for leading the development, testing, and maintenance of web applications utilizing ColdFusion or related technologies. Candidate will be required to create and execute SQL queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans. The Senior Developer will lead technical and architectural workshops and design sessions, as well as lead and mentor other developers. The candidate will have opportunities to work with other technologies including Ruby on Rails, microservices, and AWS infrastructureResponsibilities include:
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
- Master's Degree or 15+ years of experience in the software development field
- Demonstrated experience with ColdFusion (10 or later) as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software is highly desired.
- Understanding of ColdFusion Best Practices
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Infrastructure experience: IIS, AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef
- Database experience: SQL Server
- Version control experience: Git, Github
- Requirements management experience: Leankit, AgileCraft
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Desired Certifications: Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), Adobe ColdFusion Certification
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)