Senior Control Analytics EngineerDo you enjoy being part of a successful team? Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues? Join Our Team!
The Energy Innovation Center is Baker Hughes research division developing the next generation digital industrial technologies for product offerings in the energy industry and industrials. This hands-on position will be part of a cross disciplinary team working on research and customer-facing development projects, typically involving complex engineered equipment deployed in stimulating operating environments.Partner with the best
As a Senior Control Analytics Engineer located at the Energy Innovation Center (EIC) in Oklahoma City, you will work with the EIC team to solve customer challenges. You will design and develop innovative control systems for the energy industry and industrial applications.
As a Senior Control Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Developing analytical methods for processing data sets in real-time using edge computing, AI, ML, physics models, statistics, optimization methods, etc. to autonomously control industrial processes
- Developing architecture to Securely integrate advanced analytics and edge computing technology into traditional industrial OT networks and control systems
- Identifying and evaluating customer-centric value story and risks associated with autonomous operations for various energy and industrial applications through proposal generation
- Designing / evaluating instrumentation, automation and control system hardware architecture including specification of critical components and their communication protocols
- Designing for and implementing latest hardware and software cybersecurity standards
- Integrating off-the-shelf sensors with single board computing platforms to rapidly build and deploy prototypes
- Generating & reviewing hardware layouts, drawings, block diagrams, reports, annotated code and other project artifacts to document, archive and communicate the work and outcomes
To be successful in this role you will have:
Work in a way that works for you
- Masters Degree in Engineering or related discipline with emphasis in controls from an accredited college or university. PhD preferred.
- 5 years of applicable experience applying advanced and innovative control theories
- Experience developing model-based control systems
- Experience in programming control systems, open / closed loop control, dynamic, and non-linear systems
- Proficient in one or more programing languages including Python, C++, C, Embedded C, Java, and CUDA
- Proficient with Matlab, Simulink, SysML/UML, VDHL or equivalent tools and how to model system interactions and dynamic analysis of complex systems
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC-UA, CANOpen, HART, EGD, etc.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.