The primary responsibility of this position is to integrate and deliver a wide range of technology solutions to the client. This position is also a key contributor to the practice engineer team responsible for designing complex Converged Infrastructure services and solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing client s requirements, recommending solutions and assisting sales and other engineers with development of proposals, quotations and presentations; responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business
- Conducts advanced and complex engineering - related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management.
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products.
- Works with the Services Director to assess the amount of effort required for services engagements and provide input for the Scopes/Statement of Work generation
- Develop and maintain customer presentations, demo instructions and other related collateral.
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor. Serves as focal point for communications between both department engineers and clients when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties.
- Designs and oversees upgrade advanced and complex client infrastructure solutions. Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
- Monitors and manages day-to-day operations of a program, project or function, including developing short and long-range goals, objectives and budgets, coordinating activities with other departments and agencies, overseeing records maintenance, monitoring budgets, approving, and monitoring expenditures, overseeing reporting requirements, evaluating program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness; ensures procedures are being followed and assisting in resolving complex problems which require professional level input. This includes:
- Development and review of technical manuals.
- Development of project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects.
- Preparation of sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Bachelor s Degree in computer science, engineering, telecommunications, or related field
- At least five (5) years of technical hands-on experience and experience architecting, implementing, and/or managing virtual infrastructure environments.
Other Position Requirements
- At least five (5) years experience in a professional IT environment (can be concurrent with required 5 years experience above)
- Demonstrated knowledge of End User Computing technologies such as:
Experience integrating applications with Azure Citrix Apps and Desktops, Citrix XenMobile Citrix Netscaler
- Microsoft OS, Microsoft AD, and Microsoft Exchange
- VMware Workspace One Components
- Horizon, Airwatch, Identity Manager
- Demonstrated knowledge of converged and hyperconverged solutions such as: Cisco, Nutanix, HPE
- Demonstrated knowledge of platform and network connectivity
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Experience leading complex technology projects in support of business initiatives
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Technical presales support experience
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.