KoolSpan is seeking a Director of Information Technology. Candidate must have a strong background in IT management and security, and experience with both Linux and Windows-based systems. This position will be responsible for providing hands-on IT leadership, management and direction.
Seeking full/part time contractor or temp to perm employee.
- Responsible for management of the company’s IT operations and security, at or above the ISO 27001 standard
- Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources
- Develop and update IT policies and procedures
- Work effectively with little direct supervision
- Manage a small team of more junior IT/IS staff
- Highly conscious of security and attention to detail related to making systems secure and reliable
- Part of rotational pool of “Pager Duty” monitoring staff
- At least 10 years of progressive IT management experience
- Recent hands-on IT admin and network security experience
- Ability to identify essential tasks, break them down into stages if necessary, prioritize competing demands, and execute.
- Strong knowledge of network architecture and information security systems, such as firewalls, antivirus, intrusion detection, VLANs, routers, subnetting, etc.)
- Passion and excitement for security, staying on top of recent threats and mentally prepared to deal with zero day attacks.
- 3-5 years managing Linux in a hosted or cloud environment
- 2+ years’ experience managing/supporting users on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
- 3-5 years managing Windows Servers in a hosted or cloud environment, with working knowledge of Windows Server 2012
- 1-3 years’ experience with Cisco Firewalls and Routers
- 1-3 years working with virtualized systems on VMWare with vSphere
- 1-3 years working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Expert in working on the command line, writing scripts
- Working knowledge of Windows Server management in a small/medium corporate LAN setting (Active Directory)
- Experience documenting procedures and tasks using Wikis or other online, interactive tools
- Experience with good IT business practices, including backups, password and account management, patching, etc.
- Must be completely comfortable speaking up about any perceived IT/IS/security issues, ensuring they are known by all stakeholders, and addressed appropriately
- IT Certifications are a plus, ex: CISSP, AWS, VMWare, Cisco, etc.
- Experience obtaining and/or maintaining a certified enterprise and managed service environment. ISO 27001 experience is ideal; SOC, Fedramp, PCI also excellent.
- Experience performing penetration tests and mitigating issues.
- Experience configuring and managing Voice over IP (VoIP) systems (Asterisk, Cisco, etc.)
- Familiar with quirks and nuances of troubleshooting connectivity with globally deployed mobile devices
- Familiar with setup and management of software development infrastructure, including version control tools (Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc.), configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet)
- Experience configuring monitoring software to proactively catch problems
- Experience with configuring and managing XMPP, SIP or other distributed messaging system.
*** Please be advised that we can only accept resumes in PDF format!