Description Job Description:Job Description:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with demonstrated experience with Cryptographic Product Modernization (CryptoMod) initiatives. The ideal candidate will also possess an understanding of the Key Management Infrastructure. The candidate will be able to lead the requirements analysis, systems engineering and design analysis of new capabilities that alleviate gaps identified in the updated Crypto Mod ICD.Job Summary:
As a senior member of the Systems Engineering team, this candidate will be responsible for the release requirements, system technical integrity and associated documentation in support of new features and new product releases. This position you will be working with hands-on with application and system configurations including move, add and change work, preventive maintenance, and performance optimization for Cryptographic hardware and systems.
You will be the system technical representative on our cross-functional, multi-disciplinary program team. You will be instrumental in supporting our development process by ensuring the System Engineering deliverables are in place for each project milestone. You will be a pivotal technical resource for design consultation, implementation review, product safety risk management, and issue resolution.
This position requires a candidate who is experienced with System troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Successful candidates must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. The candidate should have experience operating with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.Position responsibilities will include:
- Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the Navy's Key Management project portfolio.
- Designing, engineering, and consulting with business stakeholders and vendors on requirements and supporting solutions.
- Define and apply systems engineering processes to perform an analysis of alternatives and to provide suggested solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Gather information on specific missions and service needs and provide inputs to specifications to provide to infrastructure and end cryptographic unit development programs.
- Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by future development and test teams.
- Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Required to research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include but not be limited to: technical manuals, design specification documents, interface requirements specification, system user guides, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system; will provide project briefing materials upon request.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-13 years of system engineering experience.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Key Management Infrastructure and Cryptographic Product modernization initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
- Understanding complex system development methods.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with System Architecture development and description concepts including
- Descriptive framework including DoDAF
- Architecture development and system modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Design refinement with workflows and use cases
- Architecture forms including centralized, client-server, distributed, virtualized, and cloud based
- Data replication, sharing, and shadowing
- Containerized environments and deployment including Docker
- Understanding of Cryptographic Key Management based on EKMS and KMI.
- COMSEC Operations and Accountability
- Transfer, receipt, accounting, inventory, reconciliation, and reporting
- Warehouse operations, receiving, distribution, reporting, and automation
- Detailed knowledge of Networking and Interface technologies including
- Web services including RESTful and SOAP
- Documentation with IETF/RFCs
- OpenAPI standards
- Understanding of Security requirements and implementation including
- Windows and Unix security architectures
- Security tools and enforcement with McAfee EPO
- Patch management and enforcement
- Public Key Infrastructure with trust chains, certificates, revocation checking, cert validation
- Cryptographic mechanisms such as SHA, HMAC, Elliptic Curve, and quantum resistance approaches
- Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
- Security monitoring including gathering, reporting, and response using SIEM
- Security frameworks adhering to STIGs, RMF
- Strong background in Requirements Specification and Management with
- Requirements specification and control processes
- Requirements in an agile environment
- Requirements traceability from architecture development through Test, Accreditation, and Deployment
- Understanding of full life-cycle testing with
- Test planning, conduct, reporting
- Client-Server environments
- Web services testing
- Test automation
- Performance and load testing
- Analysis and Metrics of testing
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).Pay Range: