As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, you will, develop and train new security technologies. You will translate complex technical data into actionable information for the business. You will identify and analyze potential security vulnerabilities and emerging threats. You will participate in Cyber Security Incident Response investigation requests and handle escalations for active incidents. You will leverage information security product and protocol expertise to develop solutions for use in a Cybersecurity Incident Response Center. You will research external trusted intelligence sources and leverage knowledge to detect events of interest. You will perform malware and forensic analysis.
People Management Responsibilities (for associates with one or more direct reports): You will be asked to seek to understand disagreements, ensure all perspectives are heard and facilitate a plan for resolution. You will delegate the work appropriately, provide clear expectations and follow up to ensure progress and overcome roadblocks. Identify associates and team priorities based on business direction and adjust when needed. You will lead by example and share knowledge and experiences with associates and team. Create a respectful work environment where you advocate for your team, create accountability, and recognize accomplishments. You will provide timely feedback to encourage success, ensure accountability and connect opportunities for your associates' development. You will identify the right talent to achieve the desired results. Promote and build a diverse and cohesive team to accomplish objectives and align associates' skills to fill gaps.Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- At least 8 years total combined related work experience and completed higher education; including:
- At least 2 years information systems security work experience
- At least 6 years additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job and/or completed higher education; including:
- Bachelor's degree in; Information Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract, you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Experience managing cyber security incidents, cyber threat hunting, data analysis, and configuration of security monitoring platforms
- Thorough understanding (or management of) of Network Protocols and Network Traffic Analysis, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and other networking technologies, Data Loss Prevention, SIEM, Anti-Virus
- Host/Network Forensic and Malware Analysis experience
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, and HITRUST
- Thorough understanding of ITIL, ISO, or other similar standards
- Experience developing or designing SIEM or Analytic Systems
- Strong communication skills, capable of explaining highly technical incidents to executive leadership (or non-technical parties)
- Strong experience managing Windows/Linux operating systems
- Ability to work irregular hours as needed
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- CISSP (preferred) GCIA, or CEH within 6 months of hire
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)