Description Job Description:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group
offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Senior Cyber Security Specialist in Washington DC, to work with the best and brightest for our US Treasaury programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The selected candidate will operate all aspects of Information Systems (IS) data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develop and execute Government approved security policies, plans, and procedures; implement data network security measures; operate and monitor network intrusion detection and forensic systems; conduct IS security incident handling; support Continuity of Operations Plan/Disaster Recovery (COOP/DR) plans, and perform certification of IS and networks.
- Perform other information security duties including operation of Electronic Key Management
- System (EKMS) and maintenance of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Operate Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations.
- Perform defensive cyber operation duties including, but not limited to, ensuring workstation and server compliancy with McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) requirements; identifying cybersecurity incidents using HBSS, Tenable SecurityCenter, RedSeal, McAfee Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), and other automated tools; operating Imperva Web Application and Database firewalls; performing forensics and remedial action on cybersecurity incidents; and reporting defensive cyber operations statistics.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Public Trust Clearance
- Security Certifications (CISSP a plus)
- Other IT certifications (cloud, Microsoft)
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program
, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber OperationsPay Range: