Responsibilities The Threat Monitoring Senior Manager plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Managers are considered thought leaders, willing to mentor and advise others, and drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization. This position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the tactical and strategic components of the Threat Monitoring function within the TMC to include people, process, and technology.
- Perform malware analysis and identification of Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to evaluate incident scope and associated impact of a potential security incident, allowing for a more holistic, contextual view.
- Execute analysis of email based threats to include understanding of email communications, platforms, headers, transactions, and identification of malicious tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Drive and enhances workflow and processes driving Threat Monitoring and escalation and/or handoffs
- Provide threat monitoring analysis expertise during escalated priority incidents
- Serve as the Expert/SME in the usage of Network analysis tools and capabilities to support Cyber Incident Response activities
- Provide leadership and guidance to enhance and advance the defensive capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise
- Ensure tactical mitigations are processed in a timely manner
- Review technical articles for knowledge sharing
- Drive the technical oversight and guidance required to support junior and mid-career team during analysis efforts
- Provides Training and Mentoring of all TM team members
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous experience in a leadership role that included personnel, budget, and operational management.
- Previous management experience Information Assurance or Cyber in the Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Comprehensive understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
- Five or more years managing IT security teams with an emphasis on security operations and incident response
- Eight or more years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
- Experienced with large scope high impact cyber breaches and advanced attack methods
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber attackers
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced with team management responsibility
- Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GSEC, GCED, GCIA, and GNFA) a plus
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
- Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.