Publishers Clearing House (PCH) is looking for a Senior DB2 Database Administrator to join our team in Jericho, NY.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, test and implement DB2 database structures and SQL Server relational structures
- Work with the Big Data development teams to facilitate the usage of Attunity Replacate software as a part of a data replication solution.
- Monitor transaction activities and identify resource consumers and potential contention issues. Also monitor applications and DBMS performance. Recommend and implement performance changes
- Performance tuning of DB2 tables and indexes as well as SQL Server indexes
- Perform Mantis production turnovers and are responsible for back filling all Mantis regions (QA, development, etc.)
- Responsible for data integrity and security in the DB2 and SQL Server environments. Assist developers when data restores are needed
- Maintain corporate standards and procedures, update when applicable
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-6 years experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments. This includes file structures, design and retrieval, access methods and development of standards
- DB2 system support and upgrade is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with vendors and other IS management and staff
- Strong understanding of the system development process and a solid understanding of business processes
PCH offers competitive pay and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- On-site gym
- In house caf with free coffee & beverages all day
- Paid time-off
- Family Leave
Publishers Clearing House (PCH), headquartered in Jericho, NY, and with offices in Melville, NYC, Portland, ME, Boston, MA and Palo Alto, CA, is a leading direct-to-consumer company offering a broad range of products, digital entertainment services to consumers as well as customized solutions for advertisers. Our continued success in today s new digital publishing environment is built on PCH s unique, free-to-play, chance-to-win value proposition, which enables individually personalized offers based on the trusted first-party relationship we maintain with millions of consumers and is fueled by the excitement of the Publishers Clearing House brand.
Join our winning team and apply today!
This position is based on Long Island, NY. Candidates must reside in the NY tri-state area
PCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer