Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service
Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Sling is looking for a Senior Data Analyst
who will work closely with teams like product, engineering, marketing, operations, and help solving some of their problems from a data perspective.Primary Responsibilities:
If you meet most of the following requirements:
- Do exploratory data analysis on various data sets used by the team to deeply understand the quality, structure and the potential.
- Discover important, non-obvious patterns from the data and connect those to possible business actions and strategic choices.
- Help multiple audiences - engineers, product managers, executives - dig into and understand the output of your analyses using notebooks (e.g. Jupyter), visualization, presentations etc.
- Constantly look for and adopt new techniques and tools to ensure the team stays at the forefront of modern large-scale data processing and analysis techniques
Additional Preferred qualifications:
- You have a strong academic background in statistics and data analysis. The typical candidate has a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Physics or such quantitative fields or have done a program from a business school in marketing, analytics etc. with a focus on quantitative approaches.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language commonly used for data analysis (like R/Python), and cozy with SQL & data warehousing systems like MySQL, Amazon Redshift, BigQuery.
- Possess strong data visualization skills using programmatic tools (e.g. ggplot2, shiny, d3.js) and other visualization frameworks like victory, highcharts etc.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working with data and data analysis. You have worked with noisy real-world data involving a large number of variables, interactions and uncertainty.
- You have a good grasp of basic statistics and probability. You have done analyses where your focus was on explaining and understanding the underlying process, variable relationships, causality etc.
- Experienced in working with large data sets, with big data processing tools like Spark.
- Have data engineering skills to do basic preprocessing, cleaning and transformations.
- Experienced in designing and analyzing randomized controlled experiments
Compensation: $99,360.00/Yr. - $157,665.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.