The Senior Data Analyst I will interpret data and turn it into information that offers ways to improve Houston Food Bank’s (HFB) services, processes, and procedures while constantly communicating with stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer engineering, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience in data management
Ability to analyze large datasets, ability to write comprehensive reports, strong verbal and written communication skills, an analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving, attention to detail, willingness and strong ability to efficiently learn new skills and computer programs while balancing this learning with completion of existing daily tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in tech or data analytics required.
- Strong experience with R, Python, or other ETL scripting languages
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Experience designing/developing BI Tools, dashboards, reporting and applications, working with users to identify data and building/maintaining and automating connections to various data sources
- Experience using Git for source control and CI/CD
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with management team to proactively create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
- Work with the Data Director to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the client base and the client population as a whole
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems
- Helping develop reports and analysis
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Mentor for Data Analysts 2
- Great communication skills and passion for great customer service
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Adhere to PACT values. (Purpose: Using our strengths passionately to contribute to our mission. Accountability: Choosing to rise above one’s circumstances and demonstrating ownership to achieve results. See It. Own It. Solve It. Do It. Courage: Standing up for what’s right and taking action. Transparency: Doing things openly and honestly.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please apply directly on our careers site at: https://www.houstonfoodbank.org/
It is the policy of the Houston Food Bank to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and employees in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. This means that the Houston Food Bank does not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, military and/or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. This Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, and compensation.