A large financial services firm in the Herndon, VA seeks an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join their dynamic team. The incumbent will apply comprehensive knowledge of data principles, concepts, practices and standards in preparing and analyzing financial information to create data requirements for a new initiative. The Senior Data Analyst will analyze current functional requirements to capture business terms, definitions and appropriate data classifications to create business requirements, as well as support data traceability and data quality efforts for project activities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top Fortune 500 company and a major player in financial services.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing processes for working with business users to manage data requirements on an ongoing basis and identifying data sets based on business requirements.
- Assessing business operations and processes of assigned business unit to identify inefficiencies in data procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and ways in which systems supporting these can be enhanced.
- Authoring data quality rules based on company standards and processes, including service level agreements (SLAs).
- Collaborating with the Enterprise Data team to ensure alignment to Enterprise standards.
- Participating in meetings and projects with staff, project managers and business partners to gain an understanding of data issues, risks and data gaps and pulling data via SQL queries to provide analysis and insights in order to provide reports and recommendations.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst or in a similar role.
- Experience writing functional data requirements and data quality rules.
- Significant experience writing SQL queries to retrieve data.
- Experience with Oracle and/or Sybase databases.
- Expert level MS Excel skills, including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Good oral and written communication and proven ability to liaise with business stakeholders and management to gather requirements.
- An analytical background and demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the ability to identify, analyze, interpret and deliver sound analysis, solutions and business intelligence.
- Experience with XML, Business Objects, Netezza or other tools a plus.