We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
As a Data Architect at Athene, you will work on challenging problems in the data and analytics space.
Special focus will be on designing scalable architecture and developing patterns and code and a data platform that allows Athene to answer questions quickly through powerful analytics and robust data infrastructure. A deep understanding of the business domain and data models to help us solve complex problems will find you with a challenging, yet rewarding position.
The preferred location for this role is West Des Moines. However, candidates local to our Manhattan or Woodland Hills offices will be considered, with a travel requirement of up to 50%.
- Help define the Data Platform architecture roadmap.
- Lead various teams through the process of identifying inconsistencies in the data (e.g. duplicate data fields) and resolving accordingly.
- Leverage business, analytic, architecture and data management knowledge for problem solving.
- Produce architectural and technical design documentation.
- Provide a consultative approach with business users, asking questions to understand the business need and deriving the data flow, logical, and physical data models based on those needs.
- Understand how the data interacts with the application code.
- Use industry standards and/or best practices to complete data mapping and detailed data flows.
- Analyze data stored in a disparate set of systems to produce data requirements and provide architectural and decision support direction.
- Be accountable for integrity and quality of data, ensuring the information meets customer needs.
- Guide in Data Modeling and Analysis to ETL and BI Analysts with challenging data problems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6+ years of database development with strong experience coding SQL (10 years' preferred)
- 5+ years of hands-on coding in languages such as Python or R.
- 3+ years of experience designing/building distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of multiple facets of the annuity business (Administration, Product Development, Modeling, Valuation) is critical.
- Strong experience integrating and preparing large, varied data-sets, architecting databases and designing information management solutions.
- Ability to communicate/translate seamlessly between Business Owners and Developers.
- Ability to understand complex business models and their underlying data needs.
- Ability to understand how data is used end to end by Athene's business functions and processes.
- Able to work independently, break down work into manageable and reportable increments.
- Advanced degree in Computers Science, Data Science or related field.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.