SAIC is seeking a REMOTE Sr. Data Architect to join our Human Resources Cloud Computing Environment (HRC2E) team in support of our customer at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home.
The Sr. Data Architect will be part of a team that is migrating applications to a cloud environment. The Data Architect will work closely with our application development teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each department. The Data Architect will be responsible for constantly monitoring our databases and immediately addressing database issues and problems. The Data Architect will be r esponsible for the design, development, and fielding of the enterprise cloud data solution for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the HRC2E contract.
*This is a REMOTE / Work From Home position.
- Analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data and databases.
- Develops Data Architecture using Cloud Native Approaches.
- Assists in developing data governance procedures, recommends metadata management solutions.
- Responsible for next generation data architecture for a portfolio of transactional and DW/BI applications; Develops and implements specific data consolidation rationalization, and migration to Cloud.
- Analyzes and recommends specific data stores based on use case needs. Design, Model, and Implement specific data models, data objects and data operations.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced team members.
- Ultimately, you will develop data solutions to ensure HRC2E information is stored effectively and securely, and accessible using APIs.
Required Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
5+ years of experience in data architecture, data modeling, and data engineers; Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
5+ years of experience with SQL databases and hands-on experience developing data architectures, data models.
2+ years of experience in supporting data governance, metadata management, and data lineage solutions
Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
==== - No dual citizenship.
Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract .
Must be CompTIA Security+ certified prior to start date.
Must obtain a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as AWS or Microsoft Azure Data Specialty, within the first 90 days of employment.
Experience in Data Integration, Data Migration, Data Management, Metadata management and Business Intelligence projects.
Understanding and experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and cloud databases like Azure SQL and AWS Redshift.
Experience with Collibra.
Experience with agile management tools (Jira, Confluence, Team Foundation Server).
My SAIC Benefits.