We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Data Architect to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Senior resource that has experience with cloud data management/datastores, cloud data aggregation services, and managing data in a microservice architecture. This resource would have experience migrating from traditional enterprise relational database architecture towards cloud base microservice “eventual consistency” architecture—experience designing, establishing, and managing cloud data management systems.
This candidate will:
(1) Work with the team to gain full understanding of current RDBMS and software application interactions.
(2) Design new data architecture and pathway for teams to follow to implement a new design.
(3) Install, implement, manage, and optimize both on-prem and cloud databases supporting enterprise modernization initiatives.
• Master's degree and 15 years of experience or equivalent
• Strong proficiency in RDBMS database security, data recovery, performance monitoring and tuning
• Experience or knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate
• Proven experience modernizing legacy RDBMS
• Experience implementing data aggregation services
• Experience with KAFKA, MYSQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL
• Experience working with AWS cloud technologies
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.