Responsible for administering production automation systems and servers along with core and network systems at headquarters and co-location Disaster Recovery (DR) sites. Assists with planning, testing, and installation of core system and relevant hardware. Creates and maintains automated production environments with various servers and vendors. Monitors the system, performs upgrades, maintenance and production scheduling. Tests, implements, and coordinates with vendor for statement, notice, and letter production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Manager in the administration and maintenance of the primary data processing system and all related server hardware, software, communications, and production activity.
- Creates, tests, implements, and maintains all daily and monthly core system data and system backups to various directories and electronic vaulting. Automates backups for production, trains operators to error check daily backups to co-locations, and maintains replication services for core system and OpCon automation to co-locations.
- Implements and tests patching, upgrades, releases, and service packs to core system (Symitar/IBM/Linux), VM servers, OpCon system, Audio Response, disaster recovery and related systems at headquarters and co-location sites.
- Performs complex testing, identifies and resolves problems affecting system and user performance and monitors system logs for failures, errors, and system discrepancies.
- Builds complex job files for Symitar production and automation including file and report delivery, archiving, and file system maintenance.
- Provides research, testing, implementation, and support for vendor/system connectivity.
- Provides and presents technical architecture recommendations for system improvements and growth; partners with vendors to research future system requirements
- Participates in annual tabletop DR exercise and works with the Business Resumption Plan to keep DR documentation and recovery processes, vendors, and staff updated; participates in annual IT disaster recovery testing with staff/management andvendors.
- Works with Credit Union departments to implement changes to production schedule.
- Provides documentation and training for Computer Operations and credit union staff in the use of automation systems for daily production requirements and verifies work of production staff.
- Maintains data center environmental controls and UPS system with appropriate vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Five years’ experience as a core system administrator in a financial institution IT production department.
- Experience with planning and implementing system hardware/software update and installations.
- Experience scheduling computer job runs through schedule automation software.
- Experience analyzing and resolving system issues.
- Thorough working knowledge of IBM AIX systems, UNIX, Windows server administration, virtual server (VM), SMA automation systems (OpCon), FTP, electronic report & notification systems, computer room environmental controls.
- Hands-on experience with core system processing, automation & hardwareimplementation
- AA degree in a computer related field preferred.
- SMA, UNIX, IBM AIX/UNIX Certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office software such as Outlook, Excel andWord.
- Experience with Symitar preferred.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.