Senior Data Center Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2 nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Data Center Engineer role for one of the largest Financial firms in the midwest region. This opportunity is for a 6 month contract and will sit in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Applicants must have 3+ years of Data Center Engineering experience in an enterprise level environment. If you'd like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com .Company & Group Details of the Data Center Engineer:
Requirements for Data Center Engineer:
Work with vendors such as electricians and cabling contractor.
Responsible for move adds and changes understand the change control and approval process.
Oversee space and power planning as well as space and power monitoring and utilization reporting of raised floor environment.
Communicate across multiple IT groups.
Help with the build and support for up 3 data centers at one time while assisting with the build out and maintaining a new Colo Data Center.
Min 5 yrs of experience in Data Center Environment.
Technologies and Skills for the Raised Floor Engineer:
- Will provide administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for the Data Center.
- Conducts basic troubleshooting using pre-existing knowledge base, documentation, and assigning priorities to incidents.
- Have to work with power and cabling vendors as well as internal teams to coordinate Data Center initiatives, efforts, and projects.
- Performs break/fix actions when applicable for hardware and software following documented procedures, and adhering to change control guidelines and polices.
- Create, modify and close service requests, incidents and problem tickets using ServiceNow.
- Education or equivalent - Bachelor's degree preferred (Computer Science or Computer Information Systems).
- Strong skills with Microsoft Suite (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) to update Data Center Infrastructure Management drawings and documentation.
- Having hands on experience working within a Data Center, specifically a Raised Floor Environment.
- An understanding of copper and fiber wiring.
- Working knowledge of network, server, data center planning, provisioning, refreshing, and colocations.
- Able to work with multiple teams to execute ongoing and new projects.
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or