DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Duties will include but are not limited to; Data Center design and layout using Microsoft VISIO, cabling- Cat5, Cat5E, Cat6, and Cat3 cable routing and implementation to EIA/TIA standards , Laser Optimized 10g to 100g fiber routing and dressing, multi-mode and single-mode fiber routing/implementation & testing according to EIA/TIA standards, Cable routing and dressed into server equipment racks and secured, patch cabling, labeling and documenting all cable paths, Cable plant construction will be an ongoing project keeping the physical infrastructure neat, clean and presentable, Data Center cleaning, trash removal, rack assembly, equipment moves, labeling, following through with requirements from administrators and Executives, documentation, auditing Data Center health, working with facilities, organizing, inventory, On Call Support and maintaining a safe environment.
- All campus connectivity including POE and analog lines.
- This position will ensure the ongoing flawless operation of the data center, will ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly, and will make sure that all internal customer demands are being met.
- This job requires occasional night and weekend work, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- This job requires a work issued or personal cell phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position
- Minimum of 10 years within a computer room environment. H.S. diploma or equivalent, degree is preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills and working knowledge of analytical tools.
- This positions focus is on cabling within the Dish Network core Data Centers and a working knowledge of the following is necessary: Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code, the BICSI Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual, the BICSI Cabling Installation Manual, the latest issue of the ANSI/TIA/EIA Standards as published by Global Engineering Documents as TIA/EIA Telecommunications Building Wiring Standards, and all local codes and ordinances.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, building codes and blue prints, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, to write reports.
- Conference room set ups, computer and projector graphics display settings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Certifications in Cat5/6 or fiber optics installations are preferred for this position.
- Basic computer skills in MSWord, Excel, VISIO and Cisco WebEx preferred, a background in IT system cable plant implementation and electrical/mechanical a Plus.
Compensation: $74,700.00/Yr. - $118,425.00/Yr. Uncapped Commission: No
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.