Our Medicaid Market team is hiring for a Senior Date Engineer. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will build and automate scalable components within Cerner's machine learning ecosystem that manage the flow of data, features, and predictions-in real-time and batch-as well as components related to the operations of the overall prediction model lifecycle application of intelligence to financial data streams and data sets.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Participate in architecture discussions, design sessions and code reviews to review for functional correctness, architectural maintainability and performance
- Collaborate with strategists and data scientists to influence requirements and design prototypes
- Use big data tools to design batch and streaming feature pipelines and pipelines to populate a data lake
- Create clear, well-constructed strategic technical designs for large or complex scope projects with assistance
- Estimate work effort for current and future projects of large or complex scope
- Develop and document the strategy to maintain and support the platform, pipelines and tooling
- Share knowledge and skills across the team through mentorship, coaching, technical talks and blogs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5 years of Software engineering work experience
- 1 year of data engineering and cloud technology work experience including data analysis, data ingestion, data modeling and/or machine learning
- Experience with Java, Python and Scala
- Experience working with big data and big data technologies
- 0-20% travel
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)