One of San Diego's top employers for the last eight years is looking to grow out a brand new data team, starting with this first hire: a Senior Data Engineer This company is a privately held leader in mortgage and other financial services for clients all over the United States.
This Senior Data Engineer will be partnering with a senior data analyst to build brand new ETL pipelines, data lakes and warehouses to set up analytics and reporting services not yet offered in this company. As the senior data engineer you will have a brand new team hired around you to implement your architecture and design, after the early phases of SDLC.
This role offers a lot of growth into leadership and offers and exciting chance to call the technical shots on a team being built from scratch. These solutions will greatly impact the organization as a whole to drive new revenue streams through data analysis. Are you ready to take on this challenge? Required Skills & Experience
What You Will Be Doing
- A MINIMUM of a Bachelors degree in related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience using Python
- MUST be able to understand complex Excel file structures and data
- At least 12 months production experience with Snowflake, ideally in a secure or big data environment
- AWS expertise, including different services and offerings
- Excellent communication skills
- Implementing data pipelines for AWS, Snowflake and data visualization
- POC with different ETL and cloud tools
- Implementing brand new data lakes and warehouses from scratch
- Collaborating with data analyst for proper data pipeline building and integration into visualization dashboards
- Annual Salary up to: $135,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- 401(k) company match up to 5%
- 4 weeks PTO to start
- Health and Wellness benefits
- Personal and company performance bonuses
- 2 days work from home post COVID (candidates must be able to work in San Diego consistently)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.