Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
As a Senior Data Engineer you will accelerate growth and transformation of our analytics landscape. You will bring a strong desire to guide team members' growth and develop data solutions that translate complex data into user-friendly terminology. You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Architect MicroStrategy platform-based Business Intelligence projects.
- Design complex data solutions, including incorporating new data sources and ensuring designs are consistent across projects and aligned to data strategies.
- Interacts with business engagement teams to define dashboards and reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs.
- Perform analysis of complex sources to determine value and use and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data governance, data security and data quality.
- Act as a data and technology subject matter expert within lines of business to support delivery and educate end users on data products/analytic environment.
- Collaborate across team to support delivery and educate end users on complex data products/analytic environment.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Five years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent.
- 10 years of software engineering experience within the Data and Analytics field.
- Advanced knowledge of tools, techniques, and manipulation including cloud platforms, programming languages, and modern software engineering practices.
- Hands on experience working in MicroStrategy is a must.
- Design MicroStrategy architecture and construct reporting solutions including standard reports, documents, Dossiers, etc.
- Experience with other Analytic/Data Visualization tools (e.g.: Qlik, Cognos) preferred.
- Experience with one or more Data platforms and Data Integration tools (e.g.: Snowflake, Teradata, Talend) preferred.
- Experience with AWS would be a plus.
- Must demonstrate a proactive nature with willingness to contribute, collaborate and work in an agile team environment.
- Exposure with DevOps pipeline and implementation practices.
- Enjoy learning new technologies with strong learning ability.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ .