DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Today, we're building America's first virtualized, standalone 5G broadband network from scratch with the potential to host some of the fastest, most robust technologies ever conceived. With our DISH TV and SLING TV brands as a strong foundation, we are welcoming the iconic Boost Mobile brand and its 9 million customers to our award-winning family of consumer brands. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We pride ourselves on pairing the resources of a Fortune 250 company with the mindset of an agile startup. We are looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and a need to achieve to join our team.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The OSS Data Management & Analytics team is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer who will be working on creating solutions to implement and operationalize a data lake. This engineer will play a vital role in proactively identifying and addressing data reporting and analytics needs, as well as data initiatives that align to and support DISH wireless strategy. They will also be responsible for the implementation of the network data management strategy with a mandate to improve data accessibility, quality, and insight. Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture. Develop analytics tools that utilize these data pipelines to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics;
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements;
- Be proficient in SQL scripts and be able to construct complex SQL queries for data analysis & reporting;
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies;
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs;
- Design, develop, and support interactive visualizations tools like Tableau, Kibana, Grafana, etc that can be used by non-technical users up to the executive level;
- Extract and prepare data for analysis across multiple platforms (Tableau, Snowflakes, Elastic Search, excel, flat files);
- Perform data quality analysis to ensure data integrity and accuracy of reporting;
- Hands on development with wide range of technical skills which include data analysis, ETL and data modeling skills;
- Collaborate with Dev Manager, Lead Engineer & Architect to prepare complex data sets that can be used to solve difficult problems.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Experience with relational SQL, NoSQL databases & AWS big data tools including Oracle, MySQL, Hadoop, AWS S3, Redshift & DynamoDB;
- Knowledge or experience in AWS tools (primarily S3, Athena, Lambda, Snowflakes) is strongly desired;
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Kafka, Airflow, Jenkins, etc.;
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets;
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores;
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Sound understanding of BI best practices/methodologies, relational structures, star schema data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, query performance tuning, data warehouse and reporting techniques;
- Experience in Wireless industry or OSS domain is a big plus;
- 1-3 years of experience with reporting tools like Tableau, Kibana & Grafana.
Compensation: $86,400.00/Yr. - $137,100.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.