At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to work within our Wireless Deployment team responsible for input and output of large amounts of data for systems and tools that will help build DISH's standalone 5G network faster and more cost efficient than ever seen before. The successful candidate will gather, acquire and have the ability to normalize Big Data to be understood by software platforms and other team members. He or she will aggregate data from multiple sources into a single location and format where correlation is possible. In this role, you will:
- Validate large amounts of data using Python and Excel to ensure quality in a variety of different ways;
- Create data visualizations using Tableau, Grafana, Kibana and R to recommend data-driven decisions to stakeholders;
- Use Gitlab to maintain a CI/CD pipeline for our data software to ensure we keep quality high and time to market low;
- Utilize Google Analytics and Qualtrics to create data that is valuable for the organization, either operationally to help drive decisions or financially to gain revenue;
- Maintain a local, dev, staging and production environment for our data software utilizing AWS, Google Cloud Platform, VMWare, Docker and Kubernetes.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
SuccessfulSenior Data Engineer candidates have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, applied math, Statistics or a related technical degree;
- At least two years of experience using ETL (extract, transform and load) concepts and techniques on messy data sets and large databases usingSQL-like query language and table design;
- At least two years of experience using Kafka or a similar Big Data tool and CI/CD pipelines, Gitlab preferred;
- At least two years of experience working in public cloud systems (AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure);
Ideal Senior Data Engineer candidates have:
- Proven ability to implement data-driven solutions in a production environment using tools such as Hadoop, Impala, Hive, NiFi, Athena, Redshift, ElasticSearch, BigTable or Airflow is a plus;
- Experience using cloud native tools such as Kubernetes and Docker in private, public and hybrid clouds is a plus;
- Experience applying machine learning and statistical modeling using common data science techniques such as clustering, regression - logistical and linear, confidence intervals and pattern recognition is a plus.
Compensation: $80,000.00/Yr. - $120,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.