**This position is on-site only. This is NOT a remote position.**
DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless. What you will be doing
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Develop high-volume, low-latency, data-driven solutions utilizing current and next generation technologies to meet evolving business needs
- Establishes standards and guidelines for the design & development, tuning, deployment and maintenance of information, advanced data analytics, and text mining models and physical data persistence technologies
- Acquire big data input from numerous partners; Key technologies may include Python, Elastic, Prometheus, and Kafka
- Normalize complicated data sources to convert potentially unusable data into a format that can be efficiently used by software and/or employees; Key technologies may include Spark, Nifi, Lambda
- Maintain a CI/CD pipeline for our data software to ensure we keep quality high and time to market low; Key technologies may include Gitlab
#LI-AC2 #LI-AC #LI-AC1 #DICE_AC Skills and experience
A successful Senior Data Engineer will have the following at a minimum:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree; six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 or more years' experience in data streaming technologies, such as Kafka
- 4 or more years' experience using ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) concepts
- Experience with querying and designing databases using one or more of the following: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, or other professional database system
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements, quickly identify problems, and collaboratively find creative solutions
- Ability to assist in documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities
Preferred additional experience:
- 6 or more years' experience in programming using one or more of the following: Java, C++, Perl, Python, or advanced Shell scripting
- 6 or more years of experience in implementing data-driven solutions in a production environment using tools such as Hadoop, Impala, Hive, NiFi, Athena, Redshift, ElasticSearch, BigTable, or Airflow
- 4 or more years' experience in machine learning and statistical modeling
- 2 or more years' experience in Cloud Native tools, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- 1 or more years' experience with using the R statistical computing language
- 1 or more years' experience with Agile at Scale, SAFe, and Lean Systems Engineering
Compensation: $85,900.00/Yr. - $136,190.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.