We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer with our industry-leading client in Pasadena, CA.This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. Responsibilities:
- Engineer scalable, distributed pipelines to process data
- Write clean, modular, well-tested code
- Design or refactor applications for parallel processing
- Leverage containers and managed services for maximum elasticity
- Develop efficient API endpoints and database queries
- Protect our data and our clients' data by implementing security best practices
- Improve application maintainability and observability through superior logging, error handling, and automated testing practices
- Accomplished in object-oriented programming with Python
- Expert in at least one Big Data framework like Spark, Hadoop, or Dask
- Experience with Machine Learning libraries like Pandas, sklearn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras
- Versed in SQL and NoSQL databases, e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Proficient with AWS, Git, Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes
- A proponent of Agile software development and testing
- Experience with ETL / ELT, Data Lakes, and Event Streaming tools like AWS Lake Formation, Glue, S3, Kafka
- Familiar with Python web frameworks, especially Flask or FastAPI
- Knowledge of Load Balancers (e.g. NGINX, AWS ELB) and Service Discovery (e.g. Consul)
- Informed about workflow management tools, e.g. Apache Airflow, AWS Step Functions
- Understanding of application and cloud security fundamentals
Job ID: 346251About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!